Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.
AFLIGO, a subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company and recognized by customers and vendors alike as the leading direct marketer of computer electronics and industrial equipment. We make it easy for our customers, with our multi-faceted marketing and distribution that feature e-commerce websites, catalogs, retail stores direct sales representatives and comprehensive support services, AFLIGO offers rebates solutions that support client marketing programs, employee incentives and other business to consumer marketing programs.
• This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization.
• Develop and implement BI projects, reports and packages using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
• Overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
• It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
• Has 5+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments.
• Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005 and 2008 )
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Replication.
• Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
• Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
• Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
• Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures .
• SQL Server 2005/2008
• Database Administration
• Database Tuning
• Database Management
• Database Security
• SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.