Senior Product Compliance Manager
|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Systemax Inc. (NYSE: SYX) www.systemax.com is a Fortune 1000 company and leading retailer of brand name and private label products, including personal computers, notebook computers, consumer electronics, computer-related accessories, technology supplies and industrial products.|
Plan, organize and implement private label compliance activities required by federal regulatory law for new and updated private label product lines. Ensure compliance with all US, Canadian and European requirements and corporate policies and procedures regarding Private Label Products. Participate and lead cross functional training for Customer Service functions on CPSC, Product liability and other related topics.
|Duties:||• Coordinate response and procedures with Vice President of Risk Management for reviewing, investigating and concluding product issues when they arise.|
• Create reports and responses with supporting evidence for CPSC federal regulators if recall occurs.
• Work on the administration, management and renewal of the Vendor PR Wrap Program.
• Work on vendor vetting, including potentially helping to create a portal for private label vendors.
• Participate on product development teams to ensure US and Canadian regulatory requirements are incorporated as part of the development process.
• Assist in monthly reporting on product liability reports. Interface and coordinate with the CPSC, FDA and other regulatory agencies on product compliance.
• Manage cross functionally with teams in Miami, China, and New York as well as product engineers and QC contacts on an as needed basis.
|Qualifications:||• B.A. or B.S. Required; JD or MBA preferred|
• Minimum 5 year relevant work experience after university. Experience with compliance, federal regulations and products liability preferred
• International experience is a plus, but not required
• Must have excellent communication skills- in person, in writing and on the telephone.
• Must have have high proficiency with MS Office applications and expert profiency with Excel.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and able to manage deadlines.
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
• Travel: Approximately 30%
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.